Friday, March 02, 2018

Cross Post: I Don't Want to Jinx It But. . .

I think I finally found my ideal reader/editor!  And as Anne Lamott advises, I am going to treat this relationship like marriage.  Probably better.  I won't say too much about this wonderful human being because I am waiting for specific feedback on my first manuscript, but she is in the right space to work with me, and she is very thoughtful in her interactions and feedback.

My friend and writer Marcy Rae Henry is going to saturate the book cover image for "La Bruja del Barrio Loco" which is being editing.  It is the the Antojitos section of my blog about mid-way down the page.  I am still going with the image of the heart.

And in my other life, this week, my students also finished workshopping stories, and I was so moved that they used my creative writing questions so beautifully.  I have phenomenal students in my class this semester.  I keep telling them, to develop and hang onto these relationships because it will be hard to find an idea reader later on.  (Your writer friends will be too busy for you, and your friends probably won't have time to read your work.  It's just how it is.)

That is all I have.  I have to be creative about making breakfast because we ran out of milk and eggs.  I say we go to a diner!

Find your ideal reader and hang on to her for dear life.  #Resist 

https://www.barrioblues.com/un-blog-de-writing-musings/i-dont-want-to-jinx-it-but

No comments:

Post a Comment