Monday, March 20, 2017

Cross Post: Someone Will Die in This Novella, if I EVER Reach the End

The other day, I was talking to my friend/editor Adam G. about this novella, and he was like, "It's sounding more like a novel."  But, NO!  I see the ending over the horizon, and even though I normally don't kill characters, someone is gong to die!  I have written the climax and ending in my head numerous times (stop it pervs), but the battle scene is where I need to spend more time.  I mean, it won't be like a Harry Potter scene, but the forces involved should be awesome and terrifying at the same time.

The problem is that La Bruja is quite the foe, and my heroines may not have the magical chops to really defeat her.  At least, she is turning out to be one nasty witch, and she's escalating into a worse enemy than the narrator ever imagined, so I threw her a lifeline.  You can read more about it here:  "La Bruja del Barrio Loco".

On the life front, today, I am bringing three writers to my campus, the authors of Teatro Chicana.  They are coming during my creative writing class, and I hope my students enjoy the visit.  Many of the students have been struggling with inserting a political perspective without proselytizing.  It is not an easy thing to do; in fact, I let any political messages evolve naturally, but I think the mujeres will have some sage advice for my students.

Well, here's to you having a magical day and kicking some ass!  #Resist

No comments:

Post a Comment