Thursday, June 08, 2017

Cross Post: The Android Are Coming and More of the Harvest Draft

I was watching the news the other day, and they announced the robot priest/pastor.  It can have the voice of a woman or man, and it can bless you with the light of its arms.  Think I'm joking?  Think again.  http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a26698/germany-robot-priest/

I told some friends about this news report on WGN, and they thought I was joking.  Food for thought, pastors and priests.  The robots are coming for your jobs, too.  Anyway, on that happy cyber-note, back to my writing.

This morning, I finally spent a few hours working on my novel.  It had been a while since I woke up at 2a.m. to write, mostly because I was tired from teaching.  In fact, I thought the writing itch was dissipating, and it was.  Ergo, I read a lot of literature.  But, I started teaching the summer term yesterday, and I am back to waking up with the drive to write.  Of course the teenagers listening to loud assed movies at 2a.m. helped, and also, my brain is trying to solve union problems.  Nothing like a little problem solving to get the brain-engine going.

Today, I developed the character of 147-Paul a little more.  He will play a larger role with Alan and his new mother, who I am not naming yet.  In fact, I may not until something happens in the plot, which I won't reveal until the end.  She needs to remain anonymous because she is going against the state.  Enough of her.

I have big plans for the androids in the revolutionary process.  In fact, my goal is the humanize the androids, while the women in this setting are losing their humanity with every mod and upgrade.  (And I can't wait to see the Blade Runner sequel!)

Here's a bit more of The Harvest:  A Novel.

Resist the robots if they don't serve us, the people!

No comments:

Post a Comment