Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Cross Post: Grading and Plotting Future Writing Projects


I took that great shot at the Chicago Cultural Center, where I am currently sitting and grading papers.  So, as you my have noticed I haven't posted for a while.  Unfortunately, I have been busy NOT working on my novel.  I forgot how intense summer school can be, but my students are amazing.  I spend most of my time grading and writing grievances for my union members.

Still, I have been thinking about the ending of the current novel I am writing, The Harvest, and a sequel where the androids play a greater role, but one step at a time.  The glimmer of hope is what has me captivated.  There will be hope in my novel because the characters will grow in that direction.

On a practical note, I think from now on, I am going to come to the Chicago Cultural Center to write because it's relatively quiet and close to work.  (Of course, as I finish this entry, someone is practicing her singing, and it is gorgeous.  I think singers come here for the acoustics.  How wonderful!)

Here is to finding quite places and spaces to write.  #Resist

No comments:

Post a Comment