Saturday, October 07, 2017

Yes, my novel draft posted on the first time!  Woooooh.

So about this next bit.  Well, it wasn't planned at all, but I added another android to the story line.  They will play an important role in how Ashley and Allen reunite, which yes, I have already written in my head.

I am going to explore that age old question:

     Who will save man, or woman, when she loses her humanity?  Will
     they save themselves?


I don't want my answer to be such a fucking downer like some sci-fi novels, short stories, movies, and shows.  You know what I'm talking about.

So, here it is:  The Harvest

On a totally random note, I just discovered Rupi Kaur and was informed about the plagiarism conflict or alleged plagiarism with another Tumblr poet.  I am a noob when it comes to Tumblr poetry.  Regardless, I was introduced to Rupi Kaur by my U.S. Latin American students, and I have to say that I like how she reads and performs.  Young people seem to really like her work.

On page the poems may seem obvious and oversimplified, but I like her work.

My friend and poet Todd Heldt, who is not an internet sensation, yet, but has published a number of books created a contest on Facebook to spoof Kaur's poetry.  Of course, as a woman of color, I was deeply offended.  But as someone who likes to have fun, I created the following and am hoping to win the coffee cup prize.

(Rupi Kaur, if you are reading this, which is 100% unlikely, I think you are an amazing woman and an accomplished writer.  Respect.)

Have fun today.  #Resist  (Respect all poets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment