Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Almost Done with "El Encantado" #barrioblues

I know, it's been a few weeks since I last updated anything.  That is because we, the Cook County College Teachers Union Faculty, Professionals, and Security, are busy organizing and preparing for a potential strike. Despite all of that, last Saturday, I managed to get trough 2/3 of "El Encantado" and hope to put in some writing time this weekend.  The main character of that story is on the JV baseball team, and I am excited because I have a content expert looking at my story.

My awesome beta reader also came through and had great feedback for "Rita vs the Duende."  My goal is to input his comments this weekend.  For my part, I look forward to reading his work too.

This young adult magical realism story collection is going to be amazing!  I hope my readers who have been requesting a YA book will enjoy reading it, as much as I am crafting it.

On the writing front, this morning, I am going to put in about 20 minutes into the story, but the majority of my writing will be focused on my speech, if my request to speak to the CCC board gets accepted.  That is the governing board of our educational system, and they need to be made aware of how awful the negotiations are going.  I want to show how this lack of bargaining is impacting students.  It is only a four-minute speech, but I want to do a great job on it.

That is all I've got!  (I know my Barrio Blues newsletter is delayed, and I hope to get that out this weekend.)

Stay true to your work.  #barrioblues

No comments:

Post a Comment