Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fourth Page

[Note: This short story that is not so short is being serialized and slowly rewritten in my blog. This is the fourth installment.]

The girl was tough, probably much older than Jack, but once Jack went berserk, there was no stopping him. Jack instantly went for her hair and pulled her down. He straddled her and delivered a series of punches. Sad for his part punched the boy so hard in the nose, he heard a crack and a steady stream of blood began to flow. The boy was no wimp. He didn’t even cry, and that’s when Sad knew he was in trouble. The boy gave Sad a steely glare, and Sad sucked in air.

“Hey! Cut it out!” cried Doc, “Sally and Rob! What have I told you about picking fights? Go home before someone breaks a bone. And take that freaky cult kid with you!”

Sally pulled Jack’s hair, as he punched her mercilessly.

Doc pulled them apart, “Stop it you two, or I’ll grab my slayer stick and beat you both.”

Sad stepped back and made the truce sign. The boy walked away without replying, his quiet friend following in tow.

Jack was still lashing out.

“Jack!” the familiar voice froze his brother, “You’re wailing on a girl!”

“Who cares? That dumb girl called me stupid, Dad! I’m not stupid! I only eat real food, not people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment