Thursday, April 01, 2010

Finally Ended the Piece, Now to Chop It Up and Revise

Well,

I ended the piece.  Oddly enough, the ending is a layering of the beginning paragraph that deals with having no audience.  The conflicts still need to be inserted.  But, I really love that last line.  Hopefully, I won't screw up the piece: (Tip 5) If you really love a line or section, cut it out.  Chances are it's junk. 

(Now, not all of these tips are in order.  I'm just writing them as I need them and remember them.)  I think it was author/mentor Alex Kuo that tried to teach me to get divorced from the lines and sections I loved best.  However, for now, I love the ending and can't part with it. 

Actually, that love of what I write is part of the reason I have such a fuck of a time revising my work, oftentimes.  But, this piece is in major need of revision. 

(Below, the inspiring orchid that's next to my make-shift desk, a Huggies diaper wipe box.) 


Husband, if you are reading this blog, where did we put my small portable white desk?  I could use it now.  My old shoulder gets sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment