Thursday, July 31, 2014

Brief Update

Well,

Life always throw curve balls at you.  For the last few weeks, I have been really sick with non-stop stomach problems.  I went to the E.R. twice, by choice.  Ergo, I had to postpone the July 15th deadline.  I didn't have the attention span to read, and even now, it is a struggle to focus.  But, this is just a minor, temporary set-back, and I hope to get back on a regular writing and revising schedule.

The truth is I have been so out of it, I have been watching Netflix non-stop and knitting, but today I have a lot of work-work to do because I am not moving as fast as usual.  I tried making myself work all week, and simply would not budge. 

The other bit of bad news is that both people I was paying to edit my stuff, flaked out.  What the heck, right?  Other friends have given me some feedback, and they are just as grammar nerdy as I am.  It's not just about that though; the Spanish really is difficult for a non-Spanish speaking readers, even works I thought were common.  So, I am getting a unique perspective on my writing.

Well, that is all.  Here's to celebrating the whole bowl of cereal I could eat this morning and to appreciating the simple things in life.  

I hope you roll with the punches.  Jesú Estrada, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment