Sunday, July 06, 2014

July 15 Deadline!

That is the deadline I have set to have the manuscript complete, footnotes and all.  I have gotten off track but have been having the most amazing summer!  Well that is not entirely true. I have immersed myself in reading and art, and that can be as equally important as the writing itself.

Last week, for example, I brought poet Matt Sedillo to my campus twice.  He is an amazing poet, and it deeply inspired me to see him put so much love into his work.  His stories never got old, even though I heard them four times or so.  That's him below.

He has a great YouTube video at the following link of his poem called "The Devil".

Anyway, now, I am on a deadline, and I'm about to take another crack at "Los Detectives," a short story I decided to add to the first half of my anthology, Down South Where the Water is Warm and Other Totally True Barrio Stories. I got some fresh ideas while I was showering.  Funny how inspiration hits you at odd times, but I will take every single one of those moments and save them or interweave them for another day.

Well all, I hope you have inspiring moments in your life, even if they are while you condition your hair.  Writing on, Jesú Estrada, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment