Friday, January 13, 2017

Cross Post about Teaching and Writing: Drowning in Poetry and a Longer Novel Excerpt pp. 1-15

This morning, we all got up late, which is to say 6:45a.m. The kids both slept in my bed, and it was an unusually peaceful sleep, which should have equaled writing time this morning. However, I woke up at 2a.m. and started watching a so-so B movie called Cabbage Patch Town or some shit, and an anime show Blue Exorcist. After my favorite main character, an exorcist priest was killed, I turned off the laptop in a huff and went to bed: Why kill the best character in the show? Why, idiot writers? Sadly, I couldn't produce yesterday’s miracle of writing in the morning while tending to my daughter because she kept asking for random things to eat like an avocado and popsicles and failed to take a long morning nap.

I also decided to make an elaborate rice bowl breakfast with sautéed spinach and huevos rancheros. Then, I had to make an elaborate breakfast for my husband after he returned from dropping off my son at school. All this to say that I owe the novel some time today, at least the minimum 30 minutes.

(Click to keep reading.) http://www.barrioblues.com/un-blog-de-writing-musings/drowning-in-poetry-and-a-longer-novel-excerpt-pp-1-15

1 comment: