Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Best Intentions--A Full Harvest Draft

I want to write about the best author intentions I set this week, which went south.  I have more to say about teaching creative writing, but later on this weekend. 

So, I decided to post the file of my novel The Harvest to make it more viewer friendly.  It is an ongoing draft, and as some of you know, the third rewrite of a novel I have been grappling with for a while.  I posted it on my author site under the Current Work tab.  The page looks bad ass on the computer, and I was proud of myself because that style is less cumbersome than a long stretch of online text.

Today, after the Women's March in Chicago, I was having lunch with some friends, and I decided to check it out and show it to them using my I-phone.  Yeah, I was bragging.  Guess what?  You can't fucking read it on an I-phone.  I was so mad!

I am waiting for my husband to come home with his android, to see if it works on his device.

I guess I will have a separate tab for the text draft.  It's not a big deal: I just wanted it to look legible through all venues.  In fact, I am going to complain to Weebly, and they are probably going to blame Scribed.  

Enough whining and procrastinating.

Happy Resistance!  Now, back to work.  The kids are riding around with their dad, and I need to evaluate diagnostics for all my classes.  I would love to write, but work comes first today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment