Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Book 5 Needs a Title and My Next Story Concept

This morning, I got up at 1a.m. to prepare my classes and write.  Not much writing got done because my daughter, who sensed I was being productive at an ungodly hour, woke up and demanded my immediate attention.  I didn't get back to sleep until 5a.m.  Still, this morning, I thought about my next book a lot, and I am sad to report that I don't have a snappy title for my new short collection.  Usually titles come easy, but I am not sure that Rita vs the Duende quite covers it.  I hope something, some line pops from one of the stories.

Also, after turning ideas in my head, I decided I am going to write an original ghost story from a boy's point of view for the third story.  To date, I have not written a ghost story.  This concept will balance out the gender and points of view of the other two stories.  "Rita vs the Duende" is told from a 12-year-old tween's point of view.  "Descarado" or shameless is being told from an elderly woman's point of view.  I am thinking of changing that title to "When the Devil Came for Him" or something more descriptive.

I am also excited to be going on another writing vacation.  We are not sure where, but we have enough points for a free hotel stay.  Let's hope the printer is not out of ink or paper. Ha ha ha.

Write like you're life depends on it.  Someone's might.  #barrioblues

No comments:

Post a Comment