Thursday, September 06, 2018

Exciting News on the Writing Front!


I have a bit of amazing news! Well, it's amazing to me and has made my week.  I got a beta reader for my upcoming book!  I haven't worked with this writer, but he is working on a similar book, YA fantasy, which is set in the East Coast.  Mine is YA Magical Realism, but we are trying to capture a similar audience.  The premise of his book is great, and I can't wait to read it.

Prior to that, I found a beta reader in another writing group, but I have not been able to reach her, probably because she is in her writing cave. 

Still, I am so excited, because we are exchanging work!  (And I am sticking to my $0 budget.)

I am also going to work with my friend Brett on the next two projects, so he can design the covers.  I have enjoyed working with Adrian, but I need to reduce the spending on books and focus on advertising and professional copy editing.

Anyway, that is freaking awesome!

On the writing front, this morning I wrote the first chapter of The Awakening (Book #3 in La Bruja del Barrio Loco).  I have to brag that it is shaping up beautifully.  But that is all I will say because I have to go craft a flier for a scholarship event.

Celebrate great moments in your writing process and career!  #Resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment