Monday, September 17, 2018

Spending Time with My Next Book's Main Characters #barrioblues

For some writers, especially those of us who word vomit, spending time with characters may not seem as important as the act of writing.  I beg to differ. 

Most of my stories stem from well-crafted characters, whether they are major or supporting characters.  Asi que, this morning, I am spending more time with the characters from "Encantado" from my next Young Adult collection.  I have the ending in mind, and the major conflicts, but I need to flesh out Ricky Andrades (in my ghost story.  ha!).  I am also writing about undocumented issues in "El Encantado" and am making Ricky a DREAMER because that is the direction the story took.  It makes sense as many young people in the Chicago and elsewhere are DREAMERS, and I hope they like this piece.

I also have an idea for the cover and will reach out to my friend for support to paint it.  This will be a solo design, this round.  Yikes!

That's all I've got.  Keep sending me those creative vibes because I still don't have a title for my next book, which is not usual for me.  In fact, that is driving me bat shit crazy.  Ugh.

Be awesome and write or spend time with your creations.  Or all three.  #barrioblues


No comments:

Post a Comment