Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Prepping for My Reading This Saturday

I have been going back and forth about which segments to read.  I have ten minutes max to read from my work, and I will probably go with two magical realism pieces.  I have to make a decision tomorrow, so I can practice.  I am probably over thinking it, but I have not read in front of an audience in so long, I want to do a rock star job!  I hope it's like sex, and the motions come back. 

I also have my outfit picked out, and am still hoping to trim my hair.  Unfortunately, I have put on a little weight, and even though this is a friendly audience, I want to look my best.  Even better, my doctor is putting me on diabetes alert, which should motivate me to eat less sugar and processed foods.

She's thinking, "I know. . . .I should lose weight, but I hate losing. . . ."

The book is still going great.  I have a few more friends reading it over.  I am still not done with "Los Detectives," as I had to take care of various appointments, including my son's final immunization.  He did not take the shot, blood draw, and TB test graciously.  What kid would?  Anyway, I'm back on my game and tackling this awesome project daily, even when I go on weekend vacations.  When I'm not writing, I'm talking about the work with my husband and thinking about writing choices.  

Truthfully, this summer, an organic writing schedule is working out for me, but I am still aiming to write or work on the book for a couple of hours a day.  That is the goal, so I can start my next project.

Well, that just inspired me to work on the translation footnotes!  (That is the not so fun part, still.)

Here's to doing the not fun things with as much love as the fun parts, Jesú Estrada, Ph.D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment