Saturday, June 14, 2014

Writing Two New Pieces, But First, Played Soccer Mom

Today was productive and not so writing-productive.  I got up at 2a.m. and realized I couldn't write jack. So I worked on my online forums which I'm using to set the foundation to promote my book and future books.  (Wow, that's a lot of verbs.)  Anyway, I Facebooked and Pinterested for about an hour and went back to sleep. 

I woke up at 7:00a.m. and BAM, I had the worst migraine!  I could not even type out a preposition, so I took my migraine pills and went back to bed. 

A couple of hours later, I got back up and headed off to play soccer mom.  It was my son's first day at camp, and for a first-timer, I'm proud to say he did beautifully.


But, now he is napping from all of that hard work, and I am about to start on a couple of stories.  One is called "Los Detectives", and it's my first shot at a mystery.  The other one is not titled yet, but is a piece of magical realism about evil curanderas, inspired by my little sister Diana who painted those images below (no thematic relationship).  It, too, will be a mystery.

We will see!  A shot at a new genre is always exciting, but the first few attempts could be a bloody disaster.  Or writing murder.

Until next time, Jesu Estrada, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment